Monday, September 13, 2010

a&b

The most interesting aspects of chapters one in Allyn & Bacon were when to use open and closed forms of writing and when writing in those forms what your paper should entail. Sometimes its confusing to write a paper in a form you are not used to but this chapter really does a good job of explaining it. Allyn & Bacon informs you of good strategies and qualities in coming up with a subject matter question. It explains that the three most important qualities the question should entail are being problematic for the audience, significant, and interesting for the writer. I also learned plenty about rhetorical aim and the focus of writing. No one wants to read a boring paper with no purpose and this section can really help make your paper jump out at the reader. Something else that really caught my attention was the skills for "wallowing in complexity". I had never learned or heard of that term before so I figured these skills would be a great help to me.  They are six short skills to help you think rhetorically about your subject matter. The last and most interesting section I read was thinking rhetorically about how messages persuade and the angle of vision. Analyzing the angle of vision and reading the strategies for constructing and angle of vision really intrigued me and I'm interested to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment